Good news, gentle readers. Really good news. For the first time ever, I’m taking my annual Oscar prediction pool out of my mother’s living room in Michigan and onto the whole of the internet. This contest dates back to 2003 or maybe before that. I’m like the Detroit Lions of this contest except I win every year instead of never. It’s time for one of you to change all that.
Some rules and parameters:
- Anyone and everyone is eligible and encouraged to enter my free Oscar contest. Steal yourself for a boring but easy login/registration process. I promise not to abuse your email or contact information.
- The deadline to get your picks in is this Sunday, February 22nd at 8:30pm Eastern standard time, which is exactly when the show starts, I think? Or it might be 9. If you’re on the pacific coast, like me, take care to remember the red carpet shit starts at like 4 in the afternoon.
- I’m not sure if there’s a cap on the number of entries; I encourage you to register early. You don’t need to make your choices at the time of registration.
- I’m not trying to hear anything like “But I haven’t see any of the movies nominated.” Shame on you, but it doesn’t matter. This is a game and the internet is real. Anybody can research Vegas odds and insider tips. It’s not cheating.
- Remember: it’s not about who you want to win. Losers use their hearts. Winners use their heads. This advice applies to all aspects of life.
- You don’t need to watch the entire show, but you really should. I’ll be live tweeting @MollyL and maybe I’ll say some stuff on facebook.
- Prizes will be awarded to first, second and third place winners! Send me your address if you win and I’ll send you a weird movie themed trophy made out of sad, broken toys. Or something like that, I don’t know.
- Thanks for entering! Don’t forget to check back here after the show for the thrilling results.